Personal data and cookies
Last updated: 22/10/2019
The purpose of this charter (hereinafter the "Charter") is to inform the user (hereinafter the "User") of the website www.demeyeregroup.com (hereinafter the "Site") of the means implemented to collect personal data, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR") as well as the French Data Protection Act, Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on information technology, data files and civil liberties, in its current version (hereinafter the "Data Protection Act").
The entity responsible for the collection and processing of personal data concerning the User is the company Meubles Demeyere S.A., a public limited company with a Board of Directors, with a capital of €10,000,000. Address: 178 à 184 rue de la Prévôté, CS 30049 – 59840 Pérenchies, France.
The Charter may be modified at any time by Meubles Demeyere S.A., in particular to comply with any regulatory, jurisprudential, editorial or technical developments. The User must refer to the latest version of the Charter before browsing.
I. Personal data protection
During the use of the Site by the User, data may be collected directly by Meubles Demeyere S.A. and processed in order to allow, on the one hand, access to the services offered on the Site and, on the other hand, for administrative and commercial management purposes, particularly in connection with any order addressed to Meubles Demeyere S.A.
1. What personal data are collected?
The type of data collected by Meubles Demeyere S.A. depends on the services from which the User benefits. All the data set out below shall be collectively referred to as the "Data":
- Professional account data: refers to the Data that the User provides when creating a professional account by completing the registration form (title, surname, first name, work email, position, company, etc.).
- Recruitment Data: refers to the Data that the User provides when applying for a vacancy or making a spontaneous application. If you submit a CV or application online, we will use your Data for purposes related to recruitment, which may involve contacting you by email, telephone or post. Unless you request otherwise, Meubles Demeyere S.A. may keep your Data in its files for a certain period of time so it can contact you in the future for any other employment opportunities that may arise at the company.
- Contact Data: refers to the Data that the User enters when completing the contact form.
- Browsing Data: refers to the Data that Meubles Demeyere S.A. collects directly when the User browses the Site. Meubles Demeyere S.A. collects two types of browsing Data:
> Connection data such as date, time of connection and/or browsing, browser type, browser language, IP address.
> Data from trackers (tracking technologies): together with the connection Data, Meubles Demeyere S.A. uses technical means of monitoring Users' browsing behaviour, including Cookies. These technical means do not enable Meubles Demeyere S.A. to identify the User. For more information on Cookies, the User is invited to refer to the second section of this Charter.
- Behavioural data, such as your quote request history.
- Geolocation data: refers to the data collected by Meubles Demeyere S.A. when the User activates geolocation systems upon connecting to the Site. These geolocation services use anonymous data, including sensors on the device, WIFI access points and relay antenna identifiers, to derive or estimate the exact position of the User.
2. Reasons for processing your personal data ("Purposes")
The personal data collected about you on this Site are processed automatically in order to:
- Create the professional areas,
- Enable access to the professional areas,
- Manage and process quote requests made on the Site,
- Enable downloading of product catalogues,
- Manage and process quote requests and contacts made on the Site,
- Manage and process complaints made to the "After-Sales Service" on the Site,
- Manage newsletter subscriptions,
- Produce statistics and traffic measurements for the Site,
- Ensure the security of the Site and access to your personal data, and detect any intrusion attempts,
- Customise the presentation and operation of the Site according to your preferences,
- Customise the presentation of products according to your searches,
- Manage applications for vacancies posted on the Site,
- Manage spontaneous applications.
Some of the information collected is required to achieve the purposes described above, while other information is optional. You are systematically informed whether an item of information is required or optional at the time of its collection, by means of an asterisk appearing on each form field concerned. If you do not fill in certain required fields, access to one or more services offered by the Site will be impossible, or the quality of the service will be adversely affected.
The provision of your personal data is of a contractual nature when these data are provided with a view to concluding the General Conditions of Use for creating your professional area.
The legal basis for the processing operations carried out by Meubles Demeyere S.A is as follows:
- data relating to your professional account: the conclusion and subsequent performance of the General Conditions of Use.
- data collected in connection with any information requests, contact or quote requests: the performance of the General Conditions of Use.
- data collected in connection with any complaint to the "After-Sales Service": the performance of a sales contract concluded between you and Meubles Demeyere S.A.
- data relating to your subscription to the newsletter: your consent.
- login and/or browsing data: your consent.
- data relating to your applications for online vacancies or spontaneous applications: your consent.
3. At what point are your personal data collected?
Your personal data may be collected by Meubles Demeyere S.A. when:
- you browse the pages of the Site,
- you create your customer account ("My professional account" section)
- you make contact with our group ("Contact us" section),
- you apply for a job ("Recruitment" section),
- you make an online quote request.
4. Recipients of your personal data
The personal data collected about you on this Site are exclusively intended for the use of Meubles Demeyere S.A.
They are not disclosed to any other third parties.
5. How long your personal data are kept for
When your personal data are collected by Meubles Demeyere S.A., they shall only be kept as long as is strictly necessary for the purpose of the intended processing.
Thus, your personal data shall be kept for the following lengths of time:
- data relating to your professional account are kept until your account is deleted.
- data relating to your newsletter subscription are kept until you unsubscribe from the newsletter by contacting the address below or by clicking on the unsubscribe link appearing at the bottom of each newsletter.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to respond to quote requests are kept for a period of three years from the date of the quote request.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to process any contact requests are kept for a period of three years after the request is closed.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to process any requests for information about the products or the Group are kept for a period of three years after the request is closed.
- data collected by Meubles Demeyere S.A in order to process any requests for information about the products or the Group are kept for a period of three years after the request is closed.
- data collected by Meubles Demeyere S.A in order to process any complaints to the "After-sales Service" or any requests for information about a purchase are kept for a period of five years from the end of the commercial relationship.
- login and/or browsing data are kept for a period of 13 months from the date when cookies or any other trackers were placed on your device
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to process requests to solve connection problems are kept for such time as is necessary to solve the problem encountered.
- data relating to your applications for online vacancies or spontaneous applications are kept for a period of two years from the last time you contacted Meubles Demeyere S.A. You can however ask for your data to be deleted at any time by contacting Meubles Demeyere S.A. at the address below.
6. Protection of your personal data
Meubles Demeyere S.A. attaches great importance to respect for your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
To this end, Meubles Demeyere S.A. takes all customary precautions, with regard to the risks presented by data processing, in order to preserve the security of your personal data and thus prevent their unauthorised or unlawful disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction.
Meubles Demeyere S.A. also ensures that the subcontractors it uses ensure a level of security that complies with our own standards when they process your personal data on our behalf.
7. Your rights
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure and portability of the data, as well as your rights to restrict or object to its processing, by contacting Meubles Demeyere S.A. using the contact details below.
You can also withdraw your consent at any time, for processing operations carried out on this legal basis.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us:
- by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by post addressed to: 178 à 184, rue de la Prévôté CS 30049 – 59840 Pérenchies, France.
So that we can grant your request and guard against identity theft, a copy of an identity document must be attached. We undertake to reply within one month following receipt of your duly completed request.
For more information on exercising your rights, you can refer to the CNIL website here: https://www.cnil.fr
You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (the CNIL in France).
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie (hereinafter the "Cookie(s)") is a text file that may be stored on your device (computer, tablet or smartphone) when you view our Site using browser software. During its period of validity, a cookie enables its issuer to recognise a device each time this device accesses digital content containing cookies from the issuer.
When you first connect, you are free to choose whether to allow cookies to be placed on your device. However, you must accept cookies to make full use of www.demeyeregroup.com.
The cookies used on this Site may be set either by our Site or by a third-party site. In addition, they may be session cookies or persistent cookies: a session cookie is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser, whereas a persistent cookie remains stored on the user's computer until its expiry date.
3. What types of cookie do we issue and why?
Cookies enable our Site to function efficiently, remember your preferences, and provide us with information for statistical purposes.
- BROWSER COOKIES: these are necessary for the operation of the Site and are essential for browsing in that they allow Registered Users to use the main functions of the Site, such as managing a quote request or staying logged in throughout the browsing process. This category of cookies does not require the consent of the Registered User.
Form_key: stores the randomly generated key used to prevent falsified requests.
Phpsessid: the session ID on the server.
GUEST-VIEW: allows Registered Users to view and modify their orders and quotes
Store: the store view or the language you have selected.
- AUDIENCE MEASUREMENT COOKIES: these cookies are used to improve the Site based on audience measurement information provided by the "Google Analytics" service. The cookies used in the context of this service make it possible to analyse the behaviour of Internet Users and Registered Users globally and anonymously and to compile statistical reports on the activity of the Site, the purpose of which is to guide MEUBLES DEMEYERE in making decisions concerning improvements to the Site. Information on the use of the Site by Internet Users and Registered Users is sent to Google. The Site does not associate the IP addresses of Internet Users or Registered Users with information that could be used to identify those parties.
4. Cookies issued on our Site by third parties
We may include computer applications from third parties on our Site, allowing you to share content on our Site with others, let others know that you have viewed content on our Site, or share your opinion about content on our Site. This includes 'Share' and 'Like' buttons from social networks (such as "Facebook", "Twitter", "Pinterest", "YouTube", etc.). Where appropriate, such cookies may also be used to transmit your personal data to these third parties.
This category of cookies requires your consent, which may be given in the manner described in Article II.5 "Your cookie options".
A social network that provides such an application button may identify you with that button, even if you did not use that button when you visited our Site. Indeed, this type of application button may allow the relevant social network to track your browsing on our Site, simply because your account with that social network was activated on your device (open session) while you were browsing on our Site.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information relating to your browsing on our Site and associated with the personal data which they have in their possession. We invite you to consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks for information on the purposes for which they use the browsing information they may collect through these application buttons, advertising in particular. These protection policies must in particular enable you to exercise your options on these social networks, including making settings for your user accounts on each of these networks.
To see the privacy protection policies of the aforementioned social networks, click on the name of your chosen social network:
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/fr/privacy
· Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/fr
· Google +: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
5. Your cookie options
You can choose to set and change your cookie preferences at any time using the management tool provided by Meubles Demeyere S.A., by clicking on the "Customise" link.