Website General Terms and Conditions of Use
These General Conditions of Use (hereinafter referred to as "GCU") are intended for all internet users visiting this website including any professional who wishes to receive quotes from MEUBLES DEMEYERE. In particular, the GCU are intended for any user who registers for this purpose on this website and who is obliged to accept them expressly in order to do so.
It is therefore imperative that all Internet Users and, more specifically, all Registered Users read the GCU as they define the rules for use of the Site. The simple fact of using the Site implies full and complete acceptance of the GCU, both by Internet Users and Registered Users, as these terms are defined below.
When the Registered User initiates registration with MEUBLES DEMEYERE on the Site and ticks the box "I accept the general conditions of use", that party acknowledges that he/she has read the GCU and accepts them without restriction.
The information that website publishers are legally required to provide can be found on the "Legal notice" page.
ARTICLE 01. CONTRACTING PARTIES
The GCU constitute a contract between:
- Internet Users visiting the Site
- Registered Users who hold an account on the Site,
On the one hand,
- The company MEUBLES DEMEYERE, a public limited company (SA) with a capital of 10,000,000 euros, whose registered office is located at 178 to 184 rue de la Prévôté | CS 30049 – 59840 Pérenchies | France, listed on the Lille business register under number B 323 140 392, and represented by its Chief Executive Officer duly authorised for that purpose,
On the other,
ARTICLE 02. DEFINITIONS
In the GCU, these words or expressions beginning with a capital letter have the following meaning:
- Registered User: any professional, exclusively, who registers on the Site in order to be able to request quotes, access product information and benefit from various other services offered by MEUBLES DEMEYERE, in that professional's "My Account" Area.
- "My Account" Area: the area of the Site accessible only to the Registered User who is the account holder, upon providing his/her Username and password.
- Username: the email address that a Registered User may use in combination with his/her password to access the "My Account" Area on the Site.
- Internet User: any person visiting the Site without having registered.
- Service(s): any type of service offered on the Site by MEUBLES DEMEYERE to Registered Users and in particular, the ability to request quotes and access product information.
- Site: this website, accessible at the following address: www.demeyeregroup.com.
ARTICLE 03. OBJECT
The General Conditions of Use govern access to and use of the Site by Internet Users as well as the terms and conditions of the Services, in particular the ability of Registered Users to request quotes and access product information.
ARTICLE 04. CONTRACTUAL DOCUMENTS
It is stipulated that in the relationship between MEUBLES DEMEYERE and the Registered User, the GCU shall govern their entire contractual relationship and apply to the exclusion of any other agreement.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE advises anyone visiting the Site to save or print the GCU, albeit without modifying them.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE reserves the right to modify the GCU at any time by publishing a new version of them on the Site. These modifications shall come into force as soon as they are posted on the Site and shall therefore be opposable to any Internet User from that moment onwards, and to any Registered User as soon as they are accepted. Any Registered User who does not accept the modified GCU may no longer continue to access the Site and the contract shall be terminated by application of the article entitled "TERMINATION".
MEUBLES DEMEYERE reserves the right to modify certain functionalities of the Site at any time or to add new ones which shall automatically be subject to these GCU.
ARTICLE 05. ACCESS TO THE SERVICES
The Services are as follows:
- The creation and management of a "My Account" Area, individual and deletable at any time by the Registered User,
- Access to a "My Account" Area allowing Registered Users to access the features made available online by the Site, including in particular the ability to request quotes and access product information.
The services are reserved for Registered Users only.
The services are exclusively intended to meet professional needs.
ARTICLE 06. CREATION OF AN ACCOUNT BY REGISTERED USERS
The Site is designed to enable Registered Users to request quotes from MEUBLES DEMEYERE. Any Registered User wishing to benefit from the Service must first register on the Site.
It is strictly forbidden for a Registered User to register on the Site under multiple identities or a false identity.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE reserves the right to revoke access to the areas of the Site serving to display the Registered User's Username, and consequently revoke access to the Services, should a Registered User's Username be deemed contrary to good morals or unlawful, without prior notice or compensation in favour of the Registered User, nor prejudice to the rights of MEUBLES DEMEYERE. The same shall apply in the event of any message with similar characteristics being sent to MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
The registration process cannot be completed if any of the required fields are not completed or if the box "I accept the general conditions of use" is not ticked.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE reserves the right to ask any Registered User to prove the information provided during the registration procedure. This information must be complete and accurate on the date of the Registered User's registration on the Site.
In the event of any changes to this information, the Registered User undertakes to correct it without delay in that party's "My Account" Area.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE is unable to verify the identity of Registered Users or the truthfulness of the information provided by them.
Consequently, the Registered User acknowledges that providing any false information, or information that has become false, may engage that party's liability towards MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
The Registered User chooses a Username and password. The Registered User is responsible for regularly changing his/her password in the "My Account" Area. Users are strongly advised not to choose a common word as their password, but to combine numbers and letters, and lower and upper case.
The Registered User shall be solely responsible for his/her Identifier and password and his/her use of them. The Registered User expressly undertakes to keep his/her password confidential and to avoid disclosing it to anyone under any circumstances. Consequently, the Registered User expressly acknowledges that entry of any Username and password shall be deemed proof of identity and indicates that party's consent to all operations that will be performed on the Site following his/her identification.
The Registered User must be sure to maintain a valid email address during his/her period of registration on the Site or risk losing access to the Site, particularly in the event of losing his/her password.
The account of a Registered User is strictly personal and may therefore not be transferred to a third party by any means whatsoever, even free of charge.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot be held liable for any damage whatsoever that Registered Users may suffer as a result of a third party using their Username and password. In the event of loss, misappropriation or fraudulent use of the Registered User's Username and/or password, that party must immediately inform MEUBLES DEMEYERE. The Registered User remains liable for any use made of his/her Username and password before he/she had informed MEUBLES DEMEYERE and the latter was able to change them, within a reasonable period of time. In the event that a Registered User disseminates or uses his/her Username in a manner contrary to its intended purpose, MEUBLES DEMEYERE reserves the right to terminate the contract and revoke access to the "My Account" Area as well as the content accessible from it, without notice or compensation. MEUBLES DEMEYERE may also take legal action in order to obtain compensation for any possible damage that it may suffer as a result of this dissemination or use.
These stipulations are expressly considered to be substantial between the parties.
ARTICLE 07. DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES
Registered Users and Internet Users alike may consult the product catalogues displayed by MEUBLES DEMEYERE on the Site.
Furthermore, Registered Users may ask MEUBLES DEMEYERE to send them a quote for the purchase of one or more products offered for sale by MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
To this end, the Registered User must select the product(s) for which he/she would like a quote along with the desired quantities.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE undertakes to send this quote within an average of 5 working days.
This quote shall constitute a firm and definitive offer which, if accepted unreservedly by the Registered User, shall be deemed a contract, according to the terms and conditions of the MEUBLES DEMEYERE General Conditions of Sale that shall be attached to it, with the express exception of any general conditions of purchase of the Registered User.
Quotes shall stipulate their period of validity.
In the event of the Registered User expressing any reservations, the contract shall only be validly formed between the parties if MEUBLES DEMEYERE expressly accepts these reservations.
ARTICLE 08. DATA PROTECTION
08.01 PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. MEUBLES DEMEYERE attaches great importance to the protection of personal data and wishes to assure Internet Users visiting the Site and Registered Users that their privacy is protected. This article aims to inform Internet Users and Registered Users about the processing of their personal data, in other words data that can be used to identify them, as well as their rights with regard to such processing.
2. The Registered User is informed that registering and using the Services shall give rise to the collection and automatic processing by MEUBLES DEMEYERE of his/her personal data, the use of which is subject to the provisions:
- Of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR"),
- Of Law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties (French Data Protection Act), as amended.
The personal data thus collected and processed include the following in particular:
- Information provided when the Registered User registers,
- Information relating to the Registered User's interactions with the service,
- Content saved in the "My Account" Area,
- Information provided by the Registered User, when requesting information, making contact or lodging complaints with the "After-Sales Service",
- Technical data such as the session ID or selected products.
Required answers, without which the Registered User will not be able to enter into these "General Conditions of Use" and therefore access the Service, are indicated as such on the Site registration form.
3. The information thus collected is subject to computer processing for the purpose of enabling Registered Users to make optimum use of the Site by accessing the Services.
This processing enables DEMEYERE S.A. to:
- Create the professional areas,
- Enable access to the professional areas,
- Manage and process quote requests made on the Site,
- Enable downloading of product catalogues,
- Manage and process quote requests and contacts made on the Site,
- Manage and process complaints made to the "After-Sales Service" on the Site,
- Manage subscriptions of Registered Users to the newsletter offered to them when they create a professional area,
- Produce statistics and traffic measurements for the Site,
- Ensure the security of the Site and access to your personal data, and detect any intrusion attempts,
- Customise the presentation and operation of the Site according to your preferences,
- Customise the presentation of products according to your searches.
The legal basis for the processing operations carried out by MEUBLES DEMEYERE is as follows:
- Data relating to the "My Account" Areas: the conclusion and subsequent performance of these General Conditions of Use.
- Data collected when any information is requested, contact is made or quotes are requested: the performance of these General Conditions of Use.
- Data collected when any complaint is made to the "After-Sales Service" or any information about a purchase is requested: the performance of a sales contract concluded by a Registered User.
- Data relating to newsletter subscriptions: the consent of the Registered Users.
- Login and/or browsing data: the consent of the Registered Users.
4. The Registered User has the right to ask DEMEYERE S.A. for access to his/her personal data, the correction or erasure thereof, restriction of processing relating to his/her person, the right to object to processing and the right to data portability.
The Registered User may exercise his/her rights by writing to MEUBLES DEMEYERE – 178 à 184 rue de la Prévôté, CS 30049 – 59840 Pérenchies, France. This request must be signed by the Registered User and indicate his/her name and, where applicable, his/her Username.
In addition to the aforementioned rights, if a Registered User no longer wishes to receive newsletters, that party may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link provided for that purpose and appearing in each newsletter, or from his/her "My Account" Area.
Finally, the Registered User is informed that he/she can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (the CNIL in France).
5. The personal data of Registered Users are kept as follows:
- data relating to the "My Account" Area are kept until the Registered User deletes his/her area.
- data relating to newsletter subscriptions are kept until the recipient unsubscribes.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to respond to quote requests are kept for a period of three years from the date of the quote request.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to process any contact requests are kept for a period of three years after the request is closed.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to process any requests for information about the products or the Group are kept for a period of three years after the request is closed.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to process any complaints to the "After-sales Service" or any requests for information about a purchase are kept for a period of five years from the end of the commercial relationship with the Registered User.
- login and/or browsing data are kept for a period of 13 months from the date when cookies or any other trackers were placed on your device.
- data collected by MEUBLES DEMEYERE in order to process requests to solve connection problems are kept for such time as is necessary to solve the problem encountered.
6. Respect for privacy and protection of the personal information that Registered Users share with MEUBLES DEMEYERE are essential and MEUBLES DEMEYERE endeavours to maintain them, using all means at its disposal to preserve data security and in particular to prevent data from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
7. Registered Users' data is exclusively intended for MEUBLES DEMEYERE and is not shared with any third parties.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE specifies that it has no intention of selling or marketing Registered Users' personal data.
However, MEUBLES DEMEYERE may call upon "subcontractors", within the meaning of the regulations in force, who will act on its behalf and on its sole instructions, for example to host the Site and its databases.
Finally, Registered Users' personal data are not transferred outside the European Union, nor are they used to make automated decisions.
08.02 USE OF "COOKIES"
MEUBLES DEMEYERE uses "cookies" to optimise your use of the Site.
A cookie is a small text file placed by MEUBLES DEMEYERE on the hard disk of the Internet User or Registered User. It allows MEUBLES DEMEYERE's system to remember the device on which the Internet User or Registered User visited the Site. The cookies used by MEUBLES DEMEYERE do not contain any personal data, only an anonymous identification number and information on the browsing of the Site by the computer concerned (pages viewed, date and time of viewing, etc.), which MEUBLES DEMEYERE will be able to read upon subsequent visits.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE uses the following categories of cookies:
- Cookies necessary for the operation of the Site: these cookies are essential for browsing and allow Registered Users to use the main functions of the Site, such as managing a quote request or staying logged in for the entire time they are browsing. This category of cookies does not require the consent of the Registered User.
It applies to the following cookies in particular:
> Form_key: Stores the randomly generated key used to prevent falsified requests.
> Phpsessid: The session ID on the server.
> GUEST-VIEW: Allows Registered Users to view and modify their orders and quotes
> Store: the store view or the language you have selected.
- Audience measurement cookies: these cookies are used to improve the Site based on the information provided by the "Google Analytics" service. The cookies used in the context of this service make it possible to analyse the behaviour of Internet Users and Registered Users globally and anonymously and to compile statistical reports on the activity of the Site, the purpose of which is to guide MEUBLES DEMEYERE in making decisions concerning improvements to the Site. Information on the use of the Site by Internet Users and Registered Users is sent to Google. The Site does not associate the IP addresses of Internet Users or Registered Users with information that could be used to identify those parties.
These categories of cookies require the consent of the Internet Users and Registered Users.
This consent can be given by clicking on the "Yes, I accept" button on the information banner that appears when the user first connects to the Site (or upon connecting again if the user refused cookies when he/she last connected).
Internet Users and Registered Users can also click on the "Customise" link on this banner at any time and choose to accept or refuse the various cookies used on the Site (except those essential to its operation).
ARTICLE 09. "CUSTOMER RELATIONS" SERVICE
For any information, complaint, question or advice, the Registered User can contact the MEUBLES DEMEYERE "Sales Department" using the following contact details:
- Post: MEUBLES DEMEYERE – 178 à 184 rue de la Prévôté | CS 30049 – 59840 Pérenchies | France.
- Sales Department France: + 33 (0)3 2008 5170 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Export Sales Department: + 33 (0)3 2008 5173 / email@example.com
ARTICLE 10. OPERATION OF THE SITE
The Site is optimised for a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 and for the following browser versions: Microsoft Internet Explorer® 11.0 and later, Firefox 38.0 and later, Safari 7.0 (Mac OS only) and later, Chrome 43.0 and later.
The Site is normally accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except in cases of force majeure or events beyond the control of MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
Furthermore, the operation of the Site may be temporarily reduced or interrupted, in whole or in part and for all or some Registered Users, for reasons such as maintenance, updates or technical improvements, without prior notice. The Registered User renounces the right to seek the liability of MEUBLES DEMEYERE for these service interruptions or operating disruptions.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot be held liable for any non-functioning, impossibility of access or malfunctioning of the Site due to unsuitable equipment, malfunctioning of an Internet access provider's services to Internet Users and Registered Users, or malfunctioning of the internet network. The same shall apply to all other reasons external to MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
Furthermore, Internet Users and Registered Users acknowledge that the characteristics and constraints of the internet network make it impossible to guarantee the total security, availability and integrity of data transmission. Consequently, MEUBLES DEMEYERE does not guarantee that the Site will function without interruption or errors.
As the internet is accessible to all, including ill-intentioned persons, Internet Users and Registered Users acknowledge that MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot guarantee the absolute secrecy of correspondence exchanged by the means made available to them on the Site.
Finally, it is strictly forbidden for Internet Users and Registered Users to introduce, by any means whatsoever, data likely to modify or harm the content or presentation of the Site, in particular viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malicious software, etc.
ARTICLE 11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
MEUBLES DEMEYERE is the owner of all intellectual property rights and/or exploitation rights, in particular under copyright, database law and trademark law, relating to the Site, its content and all its constituent elements.
The Site, as well as the software, database structures, texts, information, analyses, images, photographs, graphics, logos, sounds, brands or any other data contained on the Site remain the exclusive property of MEUBLES DEMEYERE or, where applicable, of their respective owners with whom MEUBLES DEMEYERE has concluded user agreements.
Under no circumstances may they be reproduced, used or represented without the express written permission of MEUBLES DEMEYERE, under penalty of prosecution.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE grants Internet Users and Registered Users a non-exclusive, personal and non-transferable right to use the Site as well as the original intellectual works and data contained therein. The right thus granted consists of (i) a right to consult online the original intellectual works and data contained on the Site and (ii) a right of reproduction consisting in printing and/or saving the original intellectual works and data consulted. This right of use is intended for strictly private use only.
Any other use of the Site, and in particular commercial use, by Internet Users and Registered Users is prohibited without the express written permission of MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
Internet Users and Registered Users are prohibited from activities including but not limited to reproducing and/or representing for any use other than private, downloading, selling, distributing, issuing, translating, adapting, exploiting, distributing, disseminating and communicating, in whole or in part, in any form whatsoever, commercially or otherwise, any original intellectual work or data contained in the Site.
Finally, the Site domain name <www.demeyeregroup.com> belongs to MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
ARTICLE 12. HYPERTEXT LINKS
All hypertext links to the Site, whatever the type of link, require the prior permission of MEUBLES DEMEYERE, on paper or in electronic form.
The Site may include hypertext links to other websites or internet resources external to the Site.
On the day of their creation, MEUBLES DEMEYERE made sure to the fullest extent possible that these websites and other internet resources did not contain any content contravening French law.
However, insofar as MEUBLES DEMEYERE is unable to monitor these sites and external resources continuously, it cannot ensure that these sites and resources remain permanently in compliance with legal requirements.
Consequently, MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot be held liable for the availability of these external sites and resources unless the page or internet resource to which a hypertext link has been created contained content that contravened French law at the time of its creation.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot therefore accept any responsibility for content, advertising, products and services available on or from these external sites or resources and offered following the creation of the hypertext link on its Site. It is expressly agreed that it is the responsibility of the Internet User or Registered User to prove that the said hypertext link was created after the dissemination of this content or advertising, or these products or services.
Apart from such a case, the Internet User or Registered User consequently acknowledges that MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot be held liable for any damage or loss, whether proven or alleged, that may result from or relate to the use or knowledge of the content, advertising, products or services available on these external sites or resources.
If, following a search conducted on the Site, the search results lead an Internet User or Registered User to websites, pages or forums whose title and/or content constitute a breach of French law, particularly given the fact that MEUBLES DEMEYERE is unable to control the content of these external sites and sources, he/she must cease viewing the site concerned, or incur the penalties provided for by French law, or respond to legal action taken against him/her.
Finally, if despite the efforts of MEUBLES DEMEYERE, any hypertext link present on the Site leads to a website or internet resource whose content is, or appears to an Internet User or Registered User to be, non-compliant with the requirements of French law, he/she undertakes to contact the publication director immediately in order to tell him/her the page addresses of the site in question. MEUBLES DEMEYERE then undertakes to examine the said site and to inform the Internet User or Registered User of the action it intends to take, within a reasonable period of time. The Internet User or Registered User undertakes not to take legal action against MEUBLES DEMEYERE before receiving a response from the latter within a reasonable period of time. The Internet User or Registered User also undertakes not to take legal action against MEUBLES DEMEYERE unless it refuses to remove the said link.
ARTICLE 13. TERMINATION OF THE GCU
The GCU constitute a contract concluded between MEUBLES DEMEYERE and the Registered User, taking effect on the date of registration of the Registered User.
As this contract is for an indefinite period, each of the parties may consequently terminate it and, therefore, terminate the registration of the Registered User on the Site, without providing a reason or compensation to the other party, subject to giving thirty (30) days' notice when the termination is initiated by MEUBLES DEMEYERE and immediately when the termination is initiated by the Registered User. In the latter case, it is sufficient for the Registered User to contact his/her sales contact.
13.02 TERMINATION FOR FAILURE TO USE THE "MY ACCOUNT" AREA
In particular, MEUBLES DEMEYERE may terminate the registration of a Registered User on the Site in the event that the Registered User does not log in to his/her "My Account" Area for a period of more than six (6) months. The former Registered User may however re-register.
In this respect, the Registered User is informed that his/her registration on the Site is personal and nominative and that consequently, on the one hand, multiple Registered Users at the same company may each benefit from a "My Account" Area and, on the other hand, termination of the registration of one such Registered User shall have no effect on that of the others (in particular in the event of the departure of that Registered User).
13.03 TERMINATION FOR MISCONDUCT
In the event of non-performance by either party of any of its substantial obligations, the other party may notify it of the termination of this contract, fifteen (15) days after a formal notice to provide a remedy for the non-performance has been sent and remained unheeded, without prejudice to any damages that may be due.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE may also, at its own discretion, send a notification with the aim of reminding the Registered User at fault of his/her obligations.
It is stipulated that MEUBLES DEMEYERE reserves the right to terminate any contract binding it to a Registered User who has provided false information when registering on the Site or who does not fulfil his/her contractual obligations or comply with the laws and regulations in force. In case of emergency, the termination of the GCU may be effective immediately, i.e. without notice or compensation for that party.
13.04 TERMS OF NOTICE OF TERMINATION
In the event of termination at the initiative of the Registered User, that party must contact his/her sales contact to delete his/her account.
In the event of termination or suspension of access rights to the areas of the Site serving to display the Registered User's Username, at the initiative of MEUBLES DEMEYERE, the Registered User shall be notified of the alleged contractual breaches, as well as the termination of the GCU if applicable, by email to the address provided by the Registered User.
SEQUENCES OF TERMINATION
The Registered User's access to the "My Account" Area is then revoked by MEUBLES DEMEYERE as soon as possible.
ARTICLE 14. RESPONSIBILITY
MEUBLES DEMEYERE is only responsible for the content of the pages it publishes and the Services it offers.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any damage to the computer system of an Internet User or Registered User and/or loss of data resulting from the use of the Site by an Internet User or Registered User.
MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot be held responsible for any facts other than those relating to the publication of the Site and messages exchanged in connection with the Services. MEUBLES DEMEYERE in no way guarantees the availability or performance of the Site. MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot be held liable for any damage suffered by a Registered User due to lost profit, loss of opportunity or damage to that party's image. MEUBLES DEMEYERE can only be held liable for direct and foreseeable damage, exclusively caused by a failure by MEUBLES DEMEYERE to fulfil its obligations.
In the event that MEUBLES DEMEYERE is held liable for a breach by a Registered User of the obligations incumbent upon the latter under the terms of the binding contract between the Registered User and MEUBLES DEMEYERE or under the laws in force, the Registered User guarantees MEUBLES DEMEYERE against all judgements pronounced against MEUBLES DEMEYERE or amicable compensation. This guarantee covers both any compensation that may be paid, as well as any lawyers' fees and court costs that may be payable by MEUBLES DEMEYERE.
ARTICLE 15. FORCE MAJEURE
MEUBLES DEMEYERE shall not be held liable for any defect, delay or non-performance of its obligations under the GCU, when this defect, delay or non-performance is linked to a case of force majeure.
The following are expressly considered to be cases of force majeure or unforeseen events, in addition to those usually considered as such by French case law: total or partial strikes, internal or external to MEUBLES DEMEYERE, lock-outs, bad weather, blockage of means of communication for any reason whatsoever, computer or server breakdowns, electrical or technical problems blocking telecommunications, failure or malfunction of internet transmission networks and any other case beyond the control of the parties, preventing the normal performance of the GCU.
In addition, the Registered User declares that he/she is aware of the complexity of the global networks, the unequal capacities of the various subnetworks, the influx of users at certain times of day, and the various "bottlenecks" that may occur at certain locations on the internet. As the current internet transmission protocols do not make it possible to ensure the continuous and certain receipt of messages or the integrity of documents transmitted, MEUBLES DEMEYERE cannot be held liable in the event of any transmission problems due to a failure or malfunction of these transmission networks.
ARTICLE 16. LANGUAGE OF THE CONTRACT
The French language version of the GCU is the only legally valid one and the only one that may be produced in court.
ARTICLE 17. ARTICLE 17. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The GCU are subject to French law.
ANY DIFFICULTY RELATING TO THE INTERPRETATION OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS CONTRACT SHALL FALL WITHIN THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF LILLE, REGARDLESS OF THE PLACE OF PERFORMANCE OF THE CONTRACT OR THE DOMICILE OF THE DEFENDANT, EVEN IN THE CASE OF INTRODUCTION OF THIRD PARTIES, MULTIPLE DEFENDANTS OR INTERIM PROCEEDINGS.
These GCU were last updated on 22/10/2019.